Working with an award winning team and reporting to the Technical Lead, the purpose of this newly established Technical Assessor role is to support the Southland District Council in growing and developing BCA capabilities.
Southland District Council is a customer centric organisation working together for a better Southland. As a local authority we administer the largest land area in New Zealand. We are committed to providing our communities with the very best in services no matter what their location. As an organisation, we can provide employees the opportunity to work flexibly and enjoy living in a beautiful region, where work life balance is truly valued.
Use your knowledge and skills as a well-established member of the New Zealand building industry to take your career to the next level in a role that incorporates:
* performing both interim and annual competency assessments for internal technical staff (processing and inspections)
* providing expert senior technical advice on building matters across the organisation
* completing technical dispute resolution to ensure positive outcomes for the community
* completing technical audits on processing and inspection to ensure outcomes are consistent and quality standards are maintained
* preparing for and supporting enforcement activities as needed
Whilst this role is based in Southland we will consider the right applicant located outside of Southland who can work remotely.
If you’re seeking a complete lifestyle change by venturing south, or would like to discuss this role as a remote worker then look no further – Southland District Council is the place for you. Our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to developing their skill sets and supporting their careers within a collaborative and dynamic environment.
For more info check out https://southlandnz.com/live. You can achieve the ultimate work-life balance and, for the right candidate, we may be able to contribute to your relocation costs.
If this sounds like the role for you then don’t delay. Visit www.southlanddc.govt.nz/vacancies<http://www.southlanddc.govt.nz/vacancies> to download a position description and apply online.
Applications will be processed as they are received so don’t delay apply today.