With 11% of the total land area of New Zealand, including Fiordland National Park and Stewart Island Rakiura, Southland District Council has the largest land area to manage of any territorial authority. Council not only encompasses the management and improvement of physical assets such as roads, bridges, water supply, cemeteries and parks but also the Southland communities' social, economic, cultural and environmental wellbeings.
Our 200+ staff are diverse in their backgrounds, skillset and location, spread across three Invercargill offices (Forth Street, 20 and 42 Don Street) and seven area offices situated at Riverton, Otautau, Te Anau, Winton, Oban, Lumsden and Wyndham.
About the role:
Our project managers play a key role in the delivery of a multitude of developments that are vital to Southland’s community. We have a diverse range of projects including construction and maintenance of our roading, bridges, parks and facilities. Our project managers ensure projects are delivered to our communities on time, on budget and to a high standard.
Responsibilities will include:
· managing the full project lifecycle; from scoping, design management and business case through to handover
· undertaking risk management analysis
· ensuring a high level of quality control on projects so performance requirements and health and safety best practice are observed
· ensuring that the commissioning and handover of projects and associated documentation meet requirements
· monitoring and controlling costs, including verification and payment of all accounts against agreed budgets and contract terms.
· proactive stakeholder management and a customer/community centric approach
Our ideal candidate will have:
· a relevant tertiary qualification in project management engineering, construction or equivalent
· 8+ years project management experience in roading, construction, water and/or large public works
· demonstrated ability to build enduring relationships with internal and external key stakeholders
· proven experience in financial management and be well known for their ability to deliver on time, on scope, and on budget.
What's in it for you?
We recognise that staff are our most valuable asset. We believe in supporting them in their training and development, having competitive remuneration packages which are benchmarked against market rates, and an environment which enables personal growth. We have a fantastic and supportive team that believes in work/life balance.
If you’re up for the challenge then please follow the link to download a job description and apply online today.
We have a programme of works ready to deliver so we will be conducting interviews as we go – don’t miss out…..