We have an exciting opportunity for a planning co-ordinator in our resource management team, which is responsible for managing the natural resources of 11% of the land area of New Zealand. The diversity of the environment is second to none as it incorporates areas such as Stewart Island, Milford Sound and the Catlins, so the range of environmental issues is extensive and varied.
Our resource management planners contribute to the Southland community and environment by managing resource consents across a broad range of interest groups. It’s a busy time in this team with three new pieces of legislation coming up to be implemented and managed and a district plan up for review..
This role is a newly created position to support our environmental policy team and would be an ideal role for someone working towards a planning qualification or an administrative professional looking for a change of career direction. The role will be varied in its nature but primarily will be supporting the environmental policy team with co-ordination of meetings and appointments, organising stakeholder events, administration functions, preparation and quality assurance of documentation, public notifications, minutes and action points. You will also be cross skilled and able to support the planning co-ordinator/grad rm planner in the consenting team during times of heavy workloads and or leave.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· A positive “can do” attitude and great initiative
· A good understanding of Environmental Management
· Clear, logical and pragmatic thinking
· The ability to forward think and provide solutions before there are problems
· A great work ethic with strong alignment to providing great customer service
· Excellent report writing and proof reading skills
· A great “can do” attitude and team player focus
· The ability to quickly utilise systems and processes to their best advantage
· The ability to communicate in an engaging and informative manner
· An innovative approach to working smarter
In return we can offer you a competitive remuneration package which is benchmarked against market rates and the opportunity to work with a professional team interested in developing your career.
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for don’t delay, visit www.southlanddc.govt.nz/vacancies to download a job specification and apply on line.
Applications close 15 April 2021 at 5pm.